Ir al contenido principal

Post 6: Gender roles and stereotypes

I'm just a woman who probably follows gender standards. Society made us with those laws and its hard to forget. In our minds, there are different things that a girl or a child cannot do. I try to break those "laws" every day, to be happy with myself and be what I want to be.

My family, it's just a traditional model. My grandparents are part of the "old generation," and they probably won't change. My grandmother, wash the dishes and my grandfather works away from home. But, this tasks shouldn´t be attributed to any gender.

Twenty years ago, it was unthinkable for a man to use makeup. And for a woman, was unthikable to have a free sex life. But, if we want to make a change and leave sexism in the past, it is necessary to start thinking about persons, instead of "men" and "women". We cannot put stereotypes first than feelings, rights and thoughts.


Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

Post 2

I dreamed about a job in connection with music, art, culture, politics and social stuff. Because of that, the perfect option has always been journalism for me. I thought I could develop my creativity skills. My second option was to study music at the conservatoire. I`m good at learning how to play instruments, but, in the end, when I had to decide which course to take, I thought I could be much better at studying journalism. My experiencie has been enriching in many aspects of my life. I'm in a permanent state of change. My personality is changing, the way i express myself is changing, and deep thoughts are changing as well. When I finish my studies, I would like to do journalism research or create audiovisual material but mostly I would like to keep me studiying constantly at the university.

Post 7:A career-related website / an expert on my field

Constantly, I'm writing and reading things about the social situation. All those information and experiences,  must be true or reliable. For example, when a law was passed I read and Need to understand it, I read "The Official Journal." Other reliable sources of information - but not of interpretations - are the diaries called "The Third" and "The Mercury". However, their interpretations are made BY and FOR the richest in Chile. To have a counter-information of that - and make my own interpretation - I read a website made by journalists, called "Interference". Some of my professors in my college course write on that site. I also ask people - outside of college and the world of journalism - what they think (or feel) about those things. All things are too important to have complete information. Also to give good information for those who don't have access to that. For one reason, we (the journalists) are called "the fourth pow